Collections can be created in two different ways depending on the requirement and number of products. You can create up to 5,000 automated collections. Make a note that the collections here are referred to as categories.
As of latest updates a collection can have upto 60 conditions.
Create automated collections
Learn how to create and modify an automated collection through below video:
You can create two types of collections:
- Automated Collection
- Manual Collection
Below are the steps to create collection in a store.
- Login into your store.
- Go to Products > Collections > click on Create collections button on extreme top right
- Enter the collection name in Title section
- Put the the description in the description section ( if the description contains Html tags so click on ‘<>’ on right of description section )
- Then you have options of collection type ( select according to the requirement )
- if Manual – > Select the Manual option and then save it – > you will get browse search bar where you can select which product you want to display on the listing page.
- if Automated – > Select the Automated option and then just below it you will get conditions that can be used to display certain products on the listing page. ( most common used condition is ‘Product Tag’ )
- The Tag used in the condition must be included as tag in the particular Product on the store.
- Collection Availability – this controls where you want the product to be listed and shown. ( right side of the panel )
- Add the image of the collection which will be displayed on the listing page. ( right side of the panel )